Thursday, December 31, 2009

forever and always

a fairytale wishlist
Sunday, November 15, 2009

There were so many amazing collections put out by designers and it was impossible to choose. Here are some of my favorites that would be on my ultimate Christmas wishlist. A girl can dream.
1)Dominic Jones Claw Ring 455 Euros, Browns
2)Christopher Kane Dress $2433, Far Fetch
3) Valentino Rosier Tote $1950, Nordstrom
4) Chloe Sally Bag $1995, Nordstrom
5) Marc Jacobs Resort 09 Shoes, Marc Jacobs
6) Truth & Pribe Faux Fur Leather Jacket $498, Nordstrom
7) Gumshoe Sweatercoat $168, Anthropologie
8) Baldinini Tour Eiffel Shoes, Baldinini
9) Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel Charm Bracelet, 1st Dibs

____________________________________________________

splashing in puddles...
Saturday, November 14, 2009


How adorable are Michelle Williams and her daughter Matilda Rose? I love Michelle's effortless style and Matilda proves the apple doesn't fall from the style tree. In Seattle during these winter months rain is constantly falling and who says you can't look cute and stay dry at the same time?

1. Hunter Wellington Boots $115, Net-a-porter.com
2. H81 Dress $30, Forever21.com
3. Ceramic To Go Cup $16, Urbanoutfitters.com
4. Oversized Beanie $20, Dorothyperkins.com
5. Lover Madeleine Short Jacket $670, Net-a-porter.com


____________________________________________________

on her way to redemption?
Saturday, November 14, 2009


I would count Gossip Girl as one of my favorite tv shows and an inspiration for both fashion and interior design. I constantly search for the designers of my favorite pieces I've seen on the show. Season 1 of GG Jenny (Taylor Momsen) was the sweet Brooklyn girl with preppy skirts and girly dresses. Now her wardrobe consists of ripped tights, over sized shirts, raccoon eyes, studs and leather jackets. Don't get me wrong, I love the tough rebelling 'bad ass' look and it works on some people but not Taylor Momsen. The styling for Taylor's character on this season of GG isn't horrendous, but the outfits Taylor wears herself are awful. Too high hems and too low necklines describe Taylor's personal wardrobe. Most of the time she just ends up looking trashy. Examples:

(put together by me)

But, she seems to be getting a wee bit better at styling her day to day outfits. So maybe I should give her a second chance, it wouldn't hurt. All teens go through a rebelling period and I hope Taylor's doesn't last forever. Let's hope she does more outfits like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note, it's much appreciated! xoxo Shelby