Thursday, December 31, 2009

picture perfect

Saturday, December 26, 2009

"When you’re a kid, it’s simple. Christmas is magic. It’s a time of miracles, when reindeer can fly, and Frosty never melts. Then you get older. Somehow, things change. The magic begins to fade. Until something happens that reminds you, at Christmas time… miracles still can be found. Sometimes in the most unexpected places." -The Wonder Years

Had an amazing Christmas with my family and friends. Even as a fifteen year old, I woke up at 7am to peek in my stocking and then with my sister woke up my parents. We all opened our gifts with Christmas carols playing in the background and candles lit in our fireplace. A few of my favorite gift this year were a mirrored jewlery case, a "luck" ring, and a photographical biography of Audrey Hepburn.
I think as I get older I care less and less about the presents and realize what Christmas is really about. This was the first Christmas celebration since my grandfather died in September so spending joyous time with my loved ones was very special.
I'll post some holiday photos soon but for now I'm going to go cozy up and flip through The Satorialist with peppermint hot cocoa.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday filled with thoughtful gifts, yummy treats and time with their family.


via (http://yyesnomaybeso.xanga.com/)

You must listen to this album: Ingrid Michaelson - "Everybody"
Follow my blog with bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note, it's much appreciated! xoxo Shelby