Saturday, January 23, 2010

All I can do is keep breathing...




I don't think I've ever been this busy. Next week are finals and I have huge test in every class. I'm worried most about my French oral exam but I haven't found any time to just sit down and study for a few hours. Last night to take a break from all the school craziness my friends and I had an animated Disney movie marathon with hours of our childhood favorites. We feel asleep to the songs of Peter Pan and Pocahontas and sung along to The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. The short break from reality was relaxing but this weekend I think I've overbooked myself. This morning I got back from my sleepover but in an hour I'm heading over to my school to work on the costumes with the rest of the stage crew for our school musical and this evening I'm babysitting. Tomorrow I'm filming a 10 minute play of The Odyssey book 12 with my language arts group at Discovery Park and then I will watch The Hangover and study for the French final with a friend. Between all those activities I need to find time to study for all my other classes and most importantly take a breath. I feel like Pinocchio trapped in a cage with a "To-Do List" too long to complete.


credits
1//2//3

Don't you wish you could just escape for awhile to a place like the picture above? Spending a night away from the stresses of life in a tent lit up only by the stars. I love dreaming at night, escaping into an unknown wonderland. I've been researching dreams lately and found some really interesting facts. I think dreaming in the closest thing we have to magic and it's just fascinating how dreaming works and there's something so spiritual and magical about them.

-In an average lifetime, you would have spent a total of about six years of it dreaming. That is more than 2,100 days spent in a different world.
-Back in the Roman Era, striking and significant dreams were submitted to the Senate for analysis and interpretation
-People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion.

2 comments:

  1. oh i know what you mean. i've been super busy lately too. i do hope you find a break soon! & i wish i could escape to a place like in the photograph! your sleepover sounds like it was lots of fun! my best friend & i watched just watched pocahontas the other day. & that is really interesting about dreams! hope you have a wonderful week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled across your blog. I love dreaming! It's so fun. Last night I woke up to my husband sleep talking, he kept saying, "I am, I'll do it." I think he was dreaming about me nagging him. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note, it's much appreciated! xoxo Shelby