Thursday, January 14, 2010

secrets...



Krissie, the talented blogger behind The Owl Diary
sent me a task to write four things about myself and pass it on to more people.
  1. If I could have any talent it'd be to be able to learn languages easily and be fluent in them. I'm in my second year of French and I can speak enough to get by and understand what other people are saying but I can never seem to get the grammar and conjugations just right. I think all languages are so beautiful and unique, I just wish I could fluently talk in languages other than my native English.
  2. I really think music has helped me through happy and hard times as cheesy as that may sound. There are so many songs that take me back to a certain time in my life. Songs that make me smile and others that make me cry.
  3. I can't wait to go out in the world by myself, explore different countries, go to college and later start a family. But I also am so afraid to grow up.
  4. I practiced ballet for 5 years until I was 10 but eventually got bored of it. Now I wish I'd continued ballet. I still have all my tutus, leos and ballet slippers in my room. Being a ballerina would be so magical.

So that's four new things you didn't know about me.

I pick -Lilee from Zebra & Meerkat
-Gally from Plaid & Simple
-Krissie from the Owl Diary

The pictures in this post are from the 1993 version of The Secret Garden. It was one of my favorite movies as a child and the pastel colors of the costumes and flowers look so lovely onscreen. The garden, like Mary says, is so magical. I wish I had a secret garden in my backyard. Anyway, I picked these photos because I'm doing the costumes on my school production of The Secret Garden Musical. I re watched the movie and took notes. I helped pull some outfits from our schools closet but we'll have to make a lot of costumes too! I'm so excited to be working on the costumes, my very first styling job! :)

Mary: The spell was broken. My uncle learned to laugh, and I learned to cry. The secret garden is always open now. Open, and awake, and alive. If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.

3 comments:

  1. that's really neat about ballet! i always wanted to try but am certainly not graceful enough. although i think the costumes are really pretty. & i'm scared of growing up as well. & i know exactly what you mean with number 2. also, i struggle with learning languages. i wish i had the talent of learning them easily as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how i love this movie! especially when she finds that key in that beautiful old room! my sister gave me a little ivory elephant for my birthday last year in honor of this movie, it was so sweet <3
    and i'm exactly the same way with the whole languages thing; it's so easy not to learn and then give up after a little while...

    angelica
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this film was one of my favourites as a child, and I still love it. The same goes for the book. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note, it's much appreciated! xoxo Shelby